July 30 – August 1, 2021
See you this summer at the Fort!
Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, Newport Jazz will be doing things a little differently this year. We’ll be focusing on creating three intimate days of amazing Jazz performances and surprise collaborations at Fort Adams – July 30th to August 1st.
We are working intimately with state and local government as well as health officials to ensure our events will set a benchmark for safety and transparency throughout our protocols and communication. At the moment, it’s too early to publish our safety protocols in full detail. The conditions of the pandemic are evolving daily and trending in a positive direction. The safety of our fans, artists, staff, vendors and volunteers remains our top priority. We will communicate and publish detailed protocols as the event date gets closer so you know exactly what to expect. Please note that you will most likely be subject to certain health protocols required at the time of the event that could include proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test, temperature checks, social distancing and mask-wearing.
1) All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges for any reason.
2) All artists, set times and stages are subject to change.
3) Events take place rain or shine. If severe weather becomes an issue and we need to interrupt programming, announcements will be made regarding safety procedures. Programming will resume when deemed safe.
4) All persons, bags and personal items are subject to inspection before entering the event. No bag larger than 20″x20″x10″ will be permitted inside the venue.
5) Any ticket holder that directly or indirectly interferes with the enjoyment of the event may be asked to leave the venue and may be subject to arrest and prosecution by State/Local Authorities.
6) The event will continue to make every effort to ensure socially acceptable behavior in order to allow ticket holders to enjoy the event.
7) Newport Folk encourages a smoke-free environment and asks that you respect the health of your neighbors at the event and refrain from smoking in any area where it may affect someone else. Smoking is prohibited under all tents and inside buildings. Please find an isolated area if you must smoke, and dispose of your butts properly.
8) Newport Folk & Jazz Festival allows ADA* recognized service animals trained specifically to assist a person with disabilities at all events. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA and are not permitted at events. If you have a certified service animal, you’ll be required to have your service animal with you at all times. Under the ADA, service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
*Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the definition of “service animal” is limited to a dog (or pony) that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability who is in attendance. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. Under the ADA, “comfort,” “therapy,” or “emotional support animals” do not meet the definition of a service animal – U.S. Dept. of Justice
Ticket questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an artist: fill out this form
Media Request: fill out this form
Volunteer interest: fill out this form
Partnership opportunities: email@example.com
General festival questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
All 2021 memberships are full. We will have 2022 membership updates in the near future.
Food vendor applications are closed for the year.
Due to COVD-19, we are only inviting Rhode Island craft vendors this year. If you are interested, please email email@example.com
Fort Adams State Park
Fort Adams is located at 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI. One of the park system’s national treasures, Fort Adams is situated at the mouth of Newport Harbor with panoramic views of the Newport Bridge and the East Passage. The festival at the Fort features 4 stages of music, food & crafts, two beer & wine gardens and a number of displays. The festival runs rain or shine.
For bike info, visit bikenewportri.org/park-bike
BY WATER SHUTTLE
Newport Harbor Shuttle runs continuous service during the event weekend between Perotti Park and Fort Adams. It’s a 15 minute trip and reservations are not required. In case of inclement weather, please check with the ferry company regarding any service interruptions. More information can be found here. oldportmarine.com
The Jamestown Newport Ferry runs continuous service to Fort Adams with departures from One East Ferry Wharf in Jamestown and Perotti Park in Newport. In case of inclement weather, please check with the ferry company regarding any service interruptions. More information can be found here. conanicutmarina.com/jamestown-newport-ferry-tours-cruises/routes-and-schedule
SeaStreak offers a ferry service between Providence and Newport. Regular service runs from India Point in Providence to the Seastreak Ferry Terminal at 39 America’s Cup Avenue in Newport. In case of inclement weather, please check with the ferry company regarding any service interruptions. More information can be found here. seastreak.com/ferry-routes-and-schedules/between-providence-newport-ri/
There is limited on-site car parking available at Fort Adams State. PARKING ACCEPTS CASH ONLY. Motorcycle parking is also available on-site for $10. As parking is limited and we love Mother Earth, carpooling is encouraged!
Parking for patrons with disabilities is located in a designated lot at Fort Adams State Park. The regular parking fee must be paid. When entering Fort Adams State Park site, vehicles with patrons needing access to this lot must show their handicapped license plate or placard, or other state-issued identification. The holder of the placard or identification MUST BE a passenger in the vehicle. There will be a shuttle bus fitted with a wheelchair accessible lift to bring patrons from the parking lot directly to the event entrance, running from 9 am until the end of the day. Violation of any ADA placard or license carries a fine of up to $500.
25 America’s Cup Avenue, Newport, RI
After an impressive redesign, the Newport Marriott has set sail on a new chapter in the heart of downtown Newport. Explore Gilded Age mansions, the International Tennis Hall of Fame, beaches, shops, vineyards and dining, all just minutes away. Three hundred and twenty intuitively designed guest rooms feature platform beds, smart TVs and spa-like bathrooms. At MainSail, enjoy the view and American fare or stop by the Skiff Bar to mingle on the outdoor terrace. Relax in the full service spa or get energized in Studio Fit, a state-of-the-art fitness center. Please call (401) 849-1000 or visit newportmarriott.com to book your room today.
THE NEWPORT HARBOR HOTEL AND MARINA
49 Americas Cup Avenue, Newport, RI
Located in the heart of historic downtown Newport, The Newport Harbor Hotel and Marina is “The City by the Sea’s” preferred hotel and marina! Enjoy staying in beautiful hotel accommodations with views of Newport Harbor or Queen Anne Square and surrounded by magnificent yachts and cobblestone streets. We’re just steps away from world-class shopping, sumptuous dining, exciting entertainment, and famous local attractions. The Newport is in the center of the exclusive harbor-front area and is home to four classic 12 Meter America’s Cup Yachts. Our property also features an onsite restaurant, Saltwater, with waterfront dining and live entertainment, concierge services, indoor heated saltwater pool, harbor view sundeck, and men’s and women’s saunas. To feel fully emerged in “The City by the Sea,” book your overnight accommodations by visiting newporthotel.com to view our best available rate or our impressive packages. Reservations can also be made by calling (401) 847-9000.
THE NEWPORT INN
353 Spring Street, Newport, RI
The Newport Inn is a quaint, modern, seven-room hotel nestled in the heart of downtown Newport. While the bones of the 1800’s Inn remain, every room has been meticulously remodeled. Each of our rooms are private sanctuaries with spa bathrooms that offer the perfect escape. From there, you can build your own City-by-the-Sea adventure. We connect you with the hidden treasures of Newport – from the best local baker to the coolest neighborhood restaurant to the perfect off-the-beaten-path spot to catch the sunset. How you create your story is up to you.